Engeseth’s College Decision

DeForest Standout Defensive Back Commits to D2 Northern Michigan University

Strapping up the helmet will be an everyday thing for DeForest football standout Logan Engeseth. The recent Northern Michigan signee decided to attend Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan after an Honorable Mention All-State senior year.

Engeseth was also selected for the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association (WFCA) All-Star gGame this summer. When asked what attracted him to Northern Michigan he responded, “They told me I have a chance to go in and compete for a role to play, and obviously, that is what everyone wants to do…Only 11 guys are on the field at once. I’m just gonna (sic) keep working and try to earn one of those spots.” 

Engeseth held offers from Valparaiso University, Upper Iowa, Bemidji State, and Southwest Minnesota State. Engeseth liked the idea of attending the same school as his high school teammate Evan Oberg. The two will room together in the fall: “Growing up as friends and playing football and baseball with him, then becoming roommates with him is a pretty cool thing.” 

Engeseth grew up playing baseball, basketball, and football. Continuing his baseball and football careers in high school, he was a second-team All-Conference second baseman as a junior on the diamond and a unanimous first team All-Conference selection as well as an All-Region, All-Area, and HM-All State WFCA selection. 

Engeseth enjoys lifting and getting in fieldwork drills in the off-season and loves competing in practice on a daily basis. “You have to work hard to see results,” Engeseth explained “I know if I put enough time and effort into it, I can go out and play at full speed during games.” 

Engeseth announced his commitment on Jan. 26, 2022, announcing “Committed” with a graphic of him with the Northern Michigan Wildcat logo behind him. He officially signed his National Letter of Intent Feb 3, 2022 which officially locked in his scholarship offer and commitment to the University. 

When asked how he’ll spend the rest of his high school days he said “Taking it day by day and enjoying it with my friends and playing baseball one last time.” Engeseth will head to Marquette in August for fall camp as he prepares for his freshman year as a Wildcat.